What is aggregation?
The aggregation dropdown menu lets you choose the aggregation strategy that will be used to calculate each participant's overall grade. There are different options:
- Mean of grades: The sum of all grades divided by the total number of grades.
- Weighted mean: Each grade item can be given a weight, which is then used in the arithmetic mean aggregation to influence the importance of each item in the overall mean.
- Simple weighted mean: The difference from Weighted mean is that weight is calculated as Maximum grade - Minimum grade for each item.
- Sum of grades: The sum of all grade values.
- Mean of grades (with extra credits)
- Median of grades
- Smallest grade
- Highest grade
- Mode of grades
For more information: https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Category_aggregation